Provost’s Fellow for Technology
Provost's Fellows in Libraries | Provost's Fellows for Technology
Provost's fellows for technology are currently unfounded. However, if a graduate student would like to do a project that is deployable in the classroom and advances the teaching of some aspect of the Fellows’ discipline in a unique and useful way. We will help you find a mentor in the COPFF Network.
- Develop an in-depth digital-media-based classroom project (interactive CD-ROM/DVD, custom software, web site, digital video) with a faculty mentor on one of the campuses in the COPFF Network. The project must involve instructional design and be deployable in departmental courses on both campuses.
- Meet with the Graduate Teacher Program director or assistant director to discuss mentorship.
- Submit a letter of application and expression of interest and a tentative plan for a digital-media-based classroom project in coordination with a faculty mentor on another campus. The project must be deployable in departmental courses on both campuses.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae & current CU transcript (photocopies OK).
- Submit application form.
- Submit signatures from the chair, the graduate advisor of your department, and your thesis director (if applicable) on Department Approval Form.
- Submit a record of participation in GTP activities.
The PFF Coordinator will assist the Provost’s Fellow in identifying a faculty mentor on a campus in the Colorado PFF Network.
The faculty mentor must agree to work with the Provost’s Fellow to develop the digital- media-based classroom project and to meet with the Provost’s Fellow regularly for the duration of the project. The faculty mentor will evaluate the Provost’s Fellow’s performance via a written document and will submit it to the GTP at the end of the mentorship.
The Provost’s Fellow will work with the PFF Coordinator and the faculty mentor to develop a project plan. The project must be deployable on both campuses in a lab and/or classroom setting.
Fellows may count their project towards the requirement for the PDC:PFF.